James Keating Elementary School

20 Lorne Avenue, Penetanguishene, ON L9M 1B2 705-549-8381

Change to student drop off and pick up procedures – Friday, January 17th

January 16, 2014 by jameskeating · No Comments · Uncategorized

Yesterday, a letter was sent home with all students regarding changes to parent/guardian drop off and pick up of students.   I have copied the body of the letter below in case you didn’t receive the one that was brought home by your child.

Dear Parents and Guardians:

As you may be aware, the snow banks are quite high and deep in our school parking lot.  This has caused a dilemma as many of the parking spots have been “consumed” by the snow creating a narrow corridor. Over the past week, traffic flow through the Student Pick-Up and Drop-Off Zone has ground to a halt at times, as cars stop to let children out of vehicles or to pick up children.  The congestion in the narrow corridor is so great that I believe it has become unsafe for pedestrians and vehicles.  The grid lock has also caused buses to back up on Lorne Avenue, rendering them unable to access the bus area in front of the school.

Effective Friday, January 17th, parents who drop-off students or pick-up students will be required to do so off school property.  Access to the school parking lot and driveway will be restricted to school vehicles and staff only from 8:40 AM until 9:05 AM and from 3:10 PM until 3:35 PM.  

Please take advantage of adjacent streets, where town permits stopping or parking, to drop off and/or pick up children.   Also, I ask that you be aware that our buses need to travel on Lorne Avenue to access the school so please make sure that they are able to pass on the road and enter/exit the school as needed.   

I appreciate your support during this time and as the snow melts, I will re-assess the situation.

Sincerely,

Mrs. K. Hayden, Principal

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.